Monday, January 12, 2009

Lessons

These are my new skates...I got them for Christmas this year. Now many people may be wondering, "why did a 30 yr old get skates for Christmas?? Don't 5 year olds get stuff like that?" Well yes but it was all I really wanted. I began skating when I was 3 years old and continued taking lessons and skating on a team until I was 14. I loved skating, I felt so at home on the ice and in the arena. I loved the sounds, the smells, the feeling of the ice, everything. I wanted to get back to that place and I found out the the very same arena where I started skating 27 years ago has adult lessons. So I signed up and asked for new skates for Christmas. And here I sit, after my first time back out on the ice in probably 5 years, and I am very very sore. I know I am out of shape but goodness!! Even with all the aches and pains, and I am sure there will be many more tomorrow, it was awesome. A little rough at first trying to remember how to stop and different moves but that is why I am taking lessons, right?? I can't wait for next week!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I wish I could be in your skating class... Do you want to come skating with Jackson and me the next time we go? We've been to the Richfield rink but I've been meaning to take him back to SLP too. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I totally want to come skating with you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete