Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Midwest Tour

This weekend I went on a mini midwest tour of 2 of my favorite midwest cities to celebrate 2 very important events...Emily's 30th Birthday and Coral's Bachelorette! Since I forgot my camera BOTH nights, I am relying on pics from facebook to narrate the night. And since I don't know how to enlarge them, I am sorry people they will be mini sized.
I took a road trip with my friend Dan and after dropping him off to visit a friend in Milwaukee I headed to Chicago to visit one of my oldest and closest friends, Emily. We went her local neighborhood bar that has TURTLE RACES, on Friday nights! It was awesome. Emily's name was drawn to race a turtle and her turtle won!!! Here is the birthday girl with her tshirt.

Here's me and Em, enjoying some PBR, in solo cups...I mean how can you not love this place?

Emily has also become good friends with my friend from grad school Julia, and some of Julia's friends. So here is Julia, myself, and Ben, celebrating.
After spending an AWESOME friday night in Chicago and I headed back up to Milwaukee for Coral, my friend from grad school's, bachelorette party. Here is Coral enjoying one of her many shots of the evening.
We went on a cruise on the Milwaukee River with Margaritas and tacos. It was great! The only downfall was it was very cold. Not at all like an August night!! I love getting together with my friends from grad school. We all live all over the midwest so being able to spend time with them is always a blast!! Here is Jenny, myself, Julia, and Marlys on the cruise.
This picture is almost pointless because it is so small but oh well. After the booze cruise we hit the bars, first up the Harp. An AWESOME place, more shots, laughs, and beer happened here.
Me and Marlys at the Harp...I really liked this bar
The grad school crew at Trinity. Jenny, myself, Marlys, Julia, and Coral. There were a couple of other great stops in the night to other bars for some more drinking and dancing.
Everyone had a great night especially Coral! Sunday was a bridal shower for Coral and then heading home back to reality and work on Monday. I feel really lucky to get to spend time with my amazing friends. I can't wait to back and visit them again very soon.

3 comments:

  1. wish i could have been there for the turtle races!!! looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend! And glad to see you're back to the blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are back to posting! I can hook you up with the bigger versions of the pics from my bday if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete