Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let the Madness Begin!!!

So I have been a bit absent from my blog lately but life has been busy. Went and had an amazingly fun weekend last weekend in Chicago and celebrated St Patty's day Chicago style. Photos and a post to follow for that one (If I can just get myself to turn on my computer at home). Since I have been back, work has been crazy busy, which is a good thing, 1) I have a job and in today's times that is great and B) I have lots of work to do which makes the days and week go by faster. This week has been great too because it is the beginning of one of my favorite times of year. I know you are all thinking, Spring me too!, and although I do love Spring it is actually the first weekend of NCAA March Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a perfect world this would be a National Holiday and we would all get the first Thursday and Friday off to sit and watch basketball games all day while eating and drinking some of our favorite gametime food and beverages. However, this is sadly not the case. To make the best of the situation we can still listen to the games while at work and partake in that food and beverage after work but it is still not the same. As you can probably guess I have also taken part in filling out a bracket (or two) and let me just say it was smooth sailing until late last night (damn you Wake Forest and Arizona). To me, winning a bracket challenge would just be icing on the cake. It really is all about filling out those charts and the following along with every game. Its also a great way to start conversations with some guys for a single gal such as myself ("who do you have in this game? oh that sucks, I have ____...they're a way better team"). I have the knowledge to sustain a conversation such as this once it gets started and that bracket can really break the ice. But I digress...this first weekend of the tourney is a great one and it only comes around once a year so it needs to be celebrated! I personally will be pulling for Syracuse and Michigan State so wish me luck! I hope everyone's picks do well, unless of course they are going against mine, in which case...too bad for you when I win;)

No comments:

Post a Comment