Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vacation

This is the view from my parents' condo in Ft Myers Beach, FL. I love it there. It is so relaxing and peaceful. I enjoyed 6 days full of sunshine, reading, games, puzzles, and my parents. It was so hard to come back to "real life" and am still adjusting to having to go to work every day. When you are there you can just sit back and listen to the waves and clear your head. I had a great time catching up on some reading while I was there as well.
Here are the books I read while I was there:

Subterranean by James Rollins -This is kind of a Michael Crichton/Dan Brown suspense book that was recommended to me by my friend Natalie. I really liked it and couldn't put it down. The subject matter, underground caving in Antartica, wasn't something I would pick but it was definitely a page turner! I finished it before the first night.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah- I would compare this book to a style similar to Jodi Piccoult. It was amazing. The story of two friends who are complete opposites and how they grow up from middle school-?? and how their friendship grows. The writing was really good and after I was finished with it I left it for my sister to read and she too really liked it.

Factory Girls-This is a nonfiction book about female migrant workers in China who come from small towns into the factory cities to earn money. A total change from the other two books I read and I am not done with it yet but the stories are really interesting. Not as much of a downer as you would expect. I am still reading this one.

We also took some walks and found some natural wild life like a little turtle and some pelicans.


We walked down to the pier and took some photos as well. My parents building is the farthest on the left with the green roof.



2 comments:

  1. You just read more books than I have in two years. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STFU! Greg and I are leaving for Ft. Meyers next week! And we're staying at his parent's condo on the beach!! What's the name of your parent's condo? I'd die if it were the same one, lol! Glad to hear you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete