Tuesday, January 20, 2009

love, tuesday (obama edition)

Really a love tuesday is not even needed for today. I just woke up in a better mood knowing today is inauguration day. I really think that the only people who are in a bad mood today are 1)kids who have to go back to school after a long weekend and 2) mean nasty Republicans (i put mean and nasty, not to be confused with the other republicans who also like Obama). I could go on for hours about my love for Obama. But instead I will just move on to my bullet points and leave it at that...
  • love that today is the last day our country will be run by Bush and hopefully he will fade away and never have to see him again
  • love Obama, i mean i think we all knew this but i just had to throw it in there
  • love that i share a birthday with Michelle Obama, and love her as well. how could you not? such a strong woman who is smart and independent but also a loving wife and mom. now one question, where do i find my Barack?
  • love Sasha and Malia...you knew this was coming. they are so dang cute! I just want to smash them with hugs and love, but i know they already get a lot of that from their amazing parents. When I look at them I just feel hopeful. which leads me too....
  • love hope....those of you who know me know that if I had one word to live by it would be hope. love that obama took this word and ran with it, you know how in jerry maguire renee zellweger says "you had me at hello", i would say to Barack "you had me at hope"
  • love that multiple websites will be streaming the inauguration so those of us who have to work today can still listen/watch at work.
  • also love DVR...CNN will be recording all day at my apt :)
  • love the first dog the Obamas will be getting at the White house, only i heard it might be a labradoodle...i am not interested in doodles but my friend KK might be happy because i think this means it will have eyebrows and a beard
  • unrelatedly, love all my friends and family who celebrate my birthday with me. I felt so special and so lucky on Saturday. it was so great to see everyone in one place (even though it was a bit overwhelming to spend enough time with everyone).
  • love Obama's plan for service and him bringing change and service back into importance. it is so needed and i hope it catches on just as much as his campaign did.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and is filled with as much optimism and hope as I am!!

2 comments:

  1. Well said, all of it! (How cool about you and Michelle sharing birthdays?! I didn't know that.) :)

    ReplyDelete